General knowledge and awareness is a must for a smart living. Whatever that goes around you definitely affects you and should be in your knowledge with the latest updates.
Having an unlimited news resource is sure a boon especially when your work is dependent upon it.
You don’t even have to read newspapers every day if you don’t feel like.
With the advancements in technology, everything around us is, undoubtedly, becoming easier, which includes gaining knowledge.
When it comes to News resources, the internet can be a pretty good option for those who wish to learn.
There are so many options on the web today that can give you information on any topic from whichever period you want.
There is no limit to the information you are going to get and you can always dig a bit deeper you wish to.
What is Google Alerts?
Google Alerts is a versatile tool by Google which helps you track vital information regarding anything you want to know. It delivers you the information which you don’t need to look for on search engines.
It just requires a sign up from the user’s valid email address and selects some options and preferences that will improve your experience even more.
You can set up an automatic news feed that keeps you updated with all the happenings around you.
All you have to do is set up the essentials and you are good to go.
How does Google Alert work?
Once you have signed up from your email address, you will receive notifications and news alerts that would belong to the categories you have selected.
You can even set the rate at which you want the alerts.
They can either be once a day, week, etc. according to your convenience. Google alerts work great with public profiles as well.
You can select settings that would bring you notifications if anything regarding you comes up on any webpage or anywhere else online.
This helps you maintain your public demeanor and keep track of any public event, election, campaign, etc.
You can also ask for general suggestions regarding any topic such as finance, business, education, etc. which could come in handy for you to boost up your GK even more.
You also get notified about any hot topic or news almost instantly.
How to sign up and use Google Alerts?
- To get started with Google Alerts, you have to reach its official webpage. If you have a Gmail account you will have to sign in through it and if you don’t, you can fill in the Google Alert form which would work just as same.
- Once done, you can start the selection process of all the terms you want to keep a track of. If you can’t think of any, try your name and the blog or brand you own. You will get notified accordingly if anything comes up.
- You can also control the type of results you want, for instance, they can be in form of books, videos, discussions, etc.
- Select the rate at which you want the alerts and how often in a particular duration would you like to get notified for some topic. You can also choose according to how often the event takes place as you would want an immediate notification for it.
- Choose the number of results you’d like to see for a given topic. A plethora of results for just one topic can be overwhelming, therefore, try to get only the best or the most suitable for you.
- You also make a choice as to where you want the alerts to come up. If you have a valid email address, the alerts mostly go there. If not, you can select a different email account or receive notifications through RSS.
- Once confirming all the selections which you can change whenever you want, click on the finish button and enjoy the unlimited news alerts anytime anywhere.
Google Alerts is a great source for unlimited news flashes and is very much user-friendly.
Professions such as blogging profit a great deal through it because of the easiness it provides them to keep a track on their brand, work, and reviews.